- Foals are unbeaten in three games under new coach Hecking.
- Bremen have lost three from three in 2017.
- Werder are the only pointless side in the league this year.
They were made to wait by a stubborn SC Freiburg on Matchday 19 but Dieter Hecking’s side eventually triumphed to record an emphatic 3-0 victory on the new coach's home debut last weekend. Having won impressively at Bayer 04 Leverkusen on their last away trip, the Foals are now hoping to build-on their current feel-good factor.
Borussia are up against a Bremen side reeling from three straight defeats in 2017, although Alexander Nouri’s side can feel aggrieved at not having at least posted a point. They gave Borussia Dortmund and FC Bayern München a stern test at the Weser Stadium and were perhaps unfortunate to lose 3-2 at FC Augsburg last Sunday. Nevertheless, they remain clear of the bottom three on goal difference only and need to halt this losing run fast.
- Hecking has taken seven points from three games in charge of Borussia. At no other club has he started his coaching tenure so well.
- Borussia won on Matchday 19 to record back-to-back wins for the first time this season.
- The Foals have scored all six goals under Hecking in the second half of matches.
- Bremen are the only club yet to take a point so far in 2017.
- Werder last lost their opening three matches of a calendar year seven years go.
- Nouri celebrated his first win as a Bundesliga coach against Hecking's former club VfL Wolfsburg on Matchday 5.