- Schalke took point off Bayern last time out.
- Royal Blues searching for first home win in 2017.
- Hertha have lost on last eight trips to Gelsenkirchen.
After holding Bundesliga leaders FC Bayern München to a draw last time out, FC Schalke 04 are targeting a first win of 2017 when they host Hertha Berlin on Saturday evening (kick-off 18:30CET/17:30GMT).
Markus Weinzierl’s side slumped to defeat against high-flying Eintracht Frankfurt in their last home game, but once again played to their undoubted potential in taking a point from the Allianz Arena last weekend, with loan signing Holger Badstuber outstanding at the back.
Now the challenge for Schalke is to consolidate such a positive result by beating a Hertha side that have also struggled for consistency this term. Pal Dardai’s men lost their opening two games of the calendar year but returned to winning ways against FC Ingolstadt 04 a week ago.
- Both teams have solid defensive records this season having each conceded 21 goals in 19 games.
- Schalke have lost four games at home this season, as many as in the entirety of 2015/16.
- Royal Blues defender Naldo, on target last week, has won more league games against Hertha (11) than against any other side.
- Hertha have lost each of their last three away matches and have lost on their last eight visits against Schalke, failing to score in seven of them.
- Hertha currently occupy the final European spot and are 11 points ahead of Schalke.
- Berliners' coach Pal Dardai played both his first Bundesliga game (a 1-0 away loss on 4 October 1997) and last Bundesliga game (a 1-0 home defeat on 24 April 2010) against Schalke.