Ingolstadt – History will be made in Lower Bavaria this Sunday when FC Ingolstadt 04's Audi Sportpark welcomes Bundesliga football for the first time, with Borussia Dortmund the guests (kick-off 15:30 CEST / 13:30 GMT).
After starting their maiden top-flight campaign with a win a week ago, Ingolstadt will now be looking for an even greater scalp by adding Dortmund to 1. FSV Mainz 05 in a game which is gripping the locals, who have been waiting an eternity for such a high-profile encounter. bundesliga.com takes a closer look at what they can look forward to…
- Ingolstadt vs. Dortmund is the 866th different match-up in Bundesliga history.
- Never before have Ingolstadt hosted a club the size of Dortmund in a competitive fixture. Hamburger SV (in the DFB Cup in 2008) were their biggest opponents to date
- Ingolstadt are the first promoted Bundesliga side since Hoffenheim in 2008 to have won their first match of the season - the Sinsheim outfit also went on to win on Matchday 2 seven years ago.
- Dortmund last won their opening match by a 4-0 scoreline in 2013. They went on to win their next four games in the league.
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan has already scored more competitive goals this campaign (six) than he managed in the whole of last season (five).
- FCI head coach Ralph Hasenhüttl has faced Dortmund once before - as VfR Aalen head coach in the second round of the 2012/13 DFB Cup. His charges suffered a 4-1 defeat.
Possible line-up: Özcan - Levels, Matip, Hübner, Engel - Groß, Roger, Morales - Hartmann, Hinterseer, Leckie
Absentees: Danilo (Toe)
Possible line-up:Bürki - Stenzel, Sokratis, Hummels, Schmelzer - Weigl - Reus, Gündogan, Kagawa, Mkhitaryan - Aubameyang
Absentees: Durm (knee), Piszczek (hip), Kirch (muscle tear), Sahin (fitness)