SV Werder Bremen will put their survival bid to the test against UEFA Champions League candidates Hertha Berlin on Saturday afternoon (kick-off: 15:30CET/14:30GMT).
The Green-Whites picked up a much-needed win away to FC Schalke 04 last time out but still occupy the relegation play-off spot. Third-placed Hertha, meanwhile, extended their lead over fourth-in-the-table Borussia Mönchengladbach to four points, despite being held to a 0-0 draw by FC Augsburg after the Foals lost 3-1 to Borussia Dortmund on Matchday 18.
Both goals came in the first half as Bremen held Hertha to a 1-1 draw back in August. Valentin Stocker scored early, but the hosts' lead lasted just 20 minutes, with Nigeria international Anthony Ujah scoring his first Bundesliga goal in a Bremen shirt to level.
Click here for match highlights
Matchday 19 - match facts
- Hertha have amassed a league-high 10 points from the last 12 on offer. They have only lost one of their last eight - against FC Bayern München on Matchday 14.
- Bremen's home form is the worst in the division (W1, D1, L6).
- Pal Dardai will take charge of his 34th game as Hertha head coach against Bremen. He has already accumulated 50 points; 53 would be a new Hertha best mark for that period of time.
- On average, Hertha have conceded less than a goal per game under Dardai: a club best-mark.
- Werder have won their last seven home games against Hertha, who have not won in Bremen in almost ten years (March 2006).
- Victory against Bremen will take Hertha onto 36 points. They finished 2014/15 with 35.
- This season's oldest Bundesliga goalscorers - Claudio Pizarro and Clemens Fritz - both play for Bremen.
- Fritz has had a say in five of Werder's last six goals (one goal, four assists).
- Bremen have conceded at least once in each of their last 22 Bundesliga games.
Bremen: Wiedwald - Gebre Selassie, Vestergaard, Djilobodji, S. Garcia - Öztunali, Fritz, Junuzovic, Grillitsch - Ujah, Pizarro
Absentees: Galvez, Sternberg (both ankle),Wolf (hip), Bargfrede (Achilles), Yildirim (knee), Johannsson (knee)
Hertha: Jarstein - Weiser, Langkamp, Brooks, Plattenhardt - Lustenberger, Skjelbred - Haraguchi, Kalou, Darida - Ibisevic
Absentees: Cigerci (calf), Allagui (light training)