- Billy Goats are one place off the European spots.
- Hosts unbeaten in eight at home.
- Wolves have not lost to Köln in last nine meetings.
The Billy Goats will be keen to build on the momentum from their 6-1 thrashing of SV Darmstadt 98 on Matchday 18, which included a brace from Yuya Osako and Anthony Modeste’s 14th goal of the season so far. That win boosted the goal difference for Peter Stöger’s side, who are just one point off sixth place going into Matchday 19.
An encouraging three-match winning streak had moved the Wolves away from the relegation zone, but they slipped back after a 2-1 defeat at home by FC Augsburg last time out, despite going ahead early thanks to Mario Gomez. They will be aided by the return to the club of attacker Ashkan Dejagah, who helped Wolfsburg win the Bundesliga in 2009 and re-signed on a free transfer earlier this week.
- The last four meetings between these two sides have ended in draws.
- This is Köln's best start to a season at this stage in 26 years.
- The Billy Goats are unbeaten at home in eight, the first time they have achieved this in a quarter of a century.
- Gomez has scored in each of Wolfsburg's last three outings.
- The Wolves have matched their worst-ever start to a season with 18 points after as many games.
- They have not lost to Köln in nine meetings, drawing five and winning four.