- Foals have four points from two away games under Hecking.
- Borussia were winners at Leverkusen last time out.
- Freiburg last won at Gladbach in the league in 1995.
Having drawn at SV Darmstadt 98 in Hecking’s first game, Borussia got their new era up and running with a stirring comeback win at Bayer 04 Leverkusen last weekend. Now about to preside over his first home match as Gladbach boss, Hecking will hope to restore the Borussia-Park to the fortress it was for long spells under his predecessor Andre Schubert.
Freiburg, meanwhile, have enjoyed a highly encouraging start to 2017. They gave the league leaders FC Bayern München a real run for their money on Matchday 17 and last week saw off high-flying Hertha Berlin to climb to eighth in the standings. Another victory could lift the Black Forest club to within three points of the automatic UEFA Champoins League spots.
- Gladbach are undefeated under new coach Hecking, collecting four points from two games under the former VfL Wolfsburg boss.
- The hosts have won just one of their last six home matches while Freiburg have registered one defeat in their previous five on the road.
- Freiburg’s sole win in Mönchengladbach dates back to 1 April 1995.