League leaders FC Bayern München welcome relegation-threatened TSG 1899 Hoffenheim on Sunday, with the Reds looking to maintain their 100% home record this season as they pursue a record fourth straight Bundesliga title (kick-off 17:30CET/16:30GMT).
Bayern took another step towards retaining their crown with a 2-1 victory away to Hamburger SV in their first league game of 2016 last time out. The champions maintain a healthy lead over closest rivals Dortmund but by their own admission are yet to hit top gear since the winter break.
That will be of little consolation for visitors TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, who travel to the Allianz Arena second from bottom with only goal difference keeping them above Hannover 96. Although they started with a promising draw at home to Leverkusen, the gap to safety is still four points and Huub Stevens’ side will be counting on a miracle if they are to stay in touch with the clubs above them after Sunday’s encounter.
Kevin Volland's goal afetr just nine seconds equalled the record for the fastest-ever strike in Bundesliga history, but it wasn’t to be for TSG 1899 Hoffenheim as ten-man FC Bayern München came away from the WIRSOL Rhein-Neckar-Arena with a last-gasp 2-1 win.
Matchday 19 - match facts
- Pep Guardiola's side haven't scored more than twice in their last seven games in all competitions.
- Bayern remain on course to become the first side in Bundesliga history to win all their home matches.
- Hoffenheim have conceded just seven goals in eight games under Huub Stevens.
- Robert Lewandowski and Thomas Müller have 31 goals between them - more than any other duo after 18 games.
- Bayern are unbeaten in all 15 meetings with Hoffenheim so far.
- Huub Stevens has come away with at least a point in almost half his matches against Bayern.
Bayern: Neuer - Lahm, Martinez, Badstuber, Alaba - Alonso - Costa, Müller, Thiago, Coman - Lewandowski
Absentees: Boateng (groin), Rafinha (knee), Götze, Ribery (both light training)
Hoffenheim: Baumann - Kaderabek, Schär, Süle, Kim - Strobl, Rudy - Volland, Hamad, Schmid - Vargas
Absentees: Herdling (knee)