- Augsburg up to 12th after win on Matchday 18.
- Bavarians have edged up the table under coach Baum.
- Bremen just a point above relegation play-off place.
Die Függerstädter secured a first win for coach Manuel Baum since he was given the job full time during the winter break when they overturned an early goal to eventually see VfL Wolfsburg off with a 2-1 victory. Dominik Kohr’s clincher helped nudge his side into the relative safety of mid-table, five points ahead of Sunday's visitors, who Augsburg have beaten a record six times in the Bundesliga.
Werder are only a point above the relegation play-off place after falling to a 2-1 defeat at home to FC Bayern München on Matchday 18. Alexander Nouri’s side have picked up just two points from their last four outings, but a spirited display in the second half against the Bundesliga leaders last week will give the Green-Whites hope of gleaning something from their visit to Bavaria.
- Augsburg have averaged almost twice as many points under Manuel Baum (seven in four games) than under his predecessor Dirk Schuster (14 in 14).
- Each of Augsburg’s five wins have come against sides below them in the table (Wolfsburg, Gladbach, Ingolstadt, Darmstadt, Bremen).
- Bremen have scored at least once in their last 17 Bundesliga games, the longest such run of any current side.
- Die Fuggerstädter have celebrated more top-flight wins against Bremen (six) than against any other club.