- Dortmund looking to extend unbeaten run.
- Leipzig ten points clear of third.
- Keita scored only goal in last meeting between the two teams.
Thomas Tuchel’s side are unbeaten in six games, but five draws in that sequence mean that the five-time Bundesliga winners have not closed the gap to vie with Leipzig or leaders FC Bayern München. They dropped points again on Matchday 18 when Marco Reus’ early opener was cancelled out late to see Dortmund held to a 1-1 draw with 1. FSV Mainz 05.
Two wins since the Bundesliga resumed after the winter break mean that Leipzig are still in touch with Bayern. Ralph Hasenhüttl’s side had to come from behind against TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, with Marcel Sabitzer’s winner keeping the top flight’s surprise package tucked in behind the champions but 10 points ahead of third-placed Eintracht Frankfurt.
- Dortmund are unbeaten in six matches, but they have also drawn four of the last five.
- BVB let a lead slip at Mainz on Matchday 18 for the tenth time this season, as many times as they did throughout the entirety of 2015/16.
- Borussia have scored a league-high nine goals in the first 15 minutes of matches, while Leipzig have hit eight.
- Leipzig beat Dortmund 1-0 back on Matchday 2 and are the only one of BVB’s 52 Bundesliga opponents yet to be beaten by Die Schwarz-Gelben.