Free-scoring Borussia Dortmund will have to crack the second-best defence in the Bundesliga if they are to pick up all three points when FC Ingolstadt 04 visit the Signal Iduna Park on Saturday (kick-off 15:30 CET/14:30 GMT).
Borussia Dortmund kicked off 2016 in highly impressive style with a 3-1 win away at fellow Champions League aspirants Borussia Mönchengladbach on Matchday 18. For once, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang didn't get on the scoresheet, but goals are never in short supply in Dortmund, with the likes of Ilkay Gündogan, Marco Reus and Henrikh Mkhitaryan around to chip in.
Thomas Tuchel's men are the top scorers in the Bundesliga but they will certainly have their work cut out against FC Ingolstadt 04. Die Schanzer boast the second-best defence in the league behind leaders FC Bayern München and kept a clean sheet once again last time round. A Moritz Hartmann penalty was enough to see off 1. FSV Mainz 05 in the opening round of the Rückrunde and the newly-promoted side are steadily carving out a reputation as one of the Bundesliga's most difficult opponents.
All four goals came in the second half as Dortmund registered a deserved 4-0 win away to Bundesliga newcomers Ingolstadt.
Matchday 19 - match facts
- No team has scored more Bundesliga goals than Dortmund (50) this season, whilst none have registered as few as Ingolstadt (12).
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (18) alone has found the net more frequently than the Bavarian club.
- Nevertheless, only FC Bayern have conceded fewer goals than Ingolstadt (12) so far.
- No team in Bundesliga history has been better-placed having scored just 12 goals after 18 matches than Ingolstadt, who sit tenth on 23 points.
- BVB have scored at least twice in each of their last 12 home matches.
- Aubameyang has hit the net in each of his last nine appearances on home soil.
Dortmund: Bürki - Piszczek, Sokratis, Hummels, Schmelzer - Weigl - Castro, Gündogan - Mkhitaryan, Reus - Aubameyang
Absentees: Bender (foot), Sahin (groin)
Ingolstadt: Özcan - da Costa, Matip, Hübner, Bauer - Christiansen, Roger, Morales - Martmann, Kachunga, Leckie
Absentees: Levels (ankle), Groß (suspended)