Something will have to give when a Borussia Dortmund side boasting the Bundesliga’s most potent attack faces an 1. FC Köln outfit with one of the meanest home defences in the league on Saturday afternoon (kick-off 15:30CET/14:30GMT).
- Köln are on a five-game winless streak at home.
- Billy Goats goalkeeper Timo Horn has saved 79 per cent of all shots fired at his goal this season.
- If Dortmund win this game then it will be the second most successful Hinrunde in the club’s history.
- BVB are currently the Bundesliga’s leading scorers with 46 goals. Their record of 50 after 17 games was set in the maiden Bundesliga season in 1963/64.
- An astonishing 41 of Dortmund’s league goals this season have come from open play.
- If Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scores a brace in Cologne, he will become only the second player in Bundesliga history to find the net 20 times in the first half of a season.
- The Gabon international has scored 29 Bundesliga goals in the 2015 calendar year.
Köln: Horn – Olkowski, Maroh, Heintz, Hector – Lehmann (c), Vogt – Risse, Osako, Svento - Modeste
Dortmund: Bürki – Piszczek, Bender, Hummels (c), Schmelzer – Weigl, Gündogan – Mkhitaryan, Kagawa, Castro – Aubameyang
Absentees: Reus (adductor), Durm (light training)