Given that Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez appears to break a new record every week, it will hardly come as a surprise that the Mexican superstar's matchwinning strike in Bayer 04 Leverkusen's 1-0 win over FC Ingolstadt 04 on Matchday 17 wrote a new chapter in the Bundesliga history books.
It was a goal which brought statistical confirmation to what many will already have suspected: Chicharito is now the best-ever Bundesliga striker to join a club after 31 July.
Accordingly, bundesliga.com has rounded up a selection of other statistical quirks to emerge from Leverkusen's win in Ingolstadt...
- After netting his 11th Bundesliga strike since joining Leverkusen from Manchester United FC on 31 August 2015, Chicharito has now scored the most goals of any player to join a Bundesliga club after 31 July.
- The previous record-holder was Claudio Pizarro: the Peruvian scored ten goals in the Hinrunde after re-joining SV Werder Bremen on 23 August 2008. Roy Makaay also netted ten after arriving at FC Bayern München on 16 August 2003.
- While Chicharito has scored 15 goals in a purple patch stretching back to 21 October, his former club Man Utd have only found the net 11 times in all competitions in that same time-frame.
- Chicharito's 11 goals are also the most scored by any player who did not feature in the first three games of the first half of the season - he joins former TSV 1860 Munich striker Wilfried Kohlars, who also scored 11 goals in 1967, top of that particular list.
- Hernandez has now netted 19 goals in 25 competitive games since his arrival in Germany.
- The Mexican scored with his only shot of the game at the Audi Sportpark on Matchday 17.
Some other statistical gems to come out of Leverkusen's win...
- Die Werkself have won all eight Bundesliga games in which they have taken the lead this season.
- Despite an up-and-down Hinrunde, Roger Schmidt's troops have only one fewer point (27) than at the same stage last season, when they went on to finish fourth.
- The only chance created by Karim Bellarabi on Matchday 17 resulted in Chicharito's winning goal.