- Hertha looking to get back to winning ways at home.
- Darmstadt bottom but with improving performances.
- Lilies' most recent away win came in the capital.
Pal Dardai’s side are in uncharted territory this season after losing their last two Bundesliga games, including their first at home - against SV Werder Bremen - and the 2-0 defeat last time out at RB Leipzig. However, the Old Lady can end the first half of the season with the league’s best record on home turf with a win over Darmstadt, who are yet to win a point on the road this season.
The Lilies have looked a better side under interim coach Ramon Berndroth but are still yet to reap the rewards of those improved performances after back-to-back 1-0 defeats. It took a thunderbolt from Douglas Costa for FC Bayern München to snatch the three points against Darmstadt on Sunday, but the Bundesliga’s bottom side will head to the capital with increased confidence from these displays.
- Hertha have lost two Bundesliga games in a row for the first time this season.
- The Old Lady have not scored in their last two games; Darmstadt are scoreless in their last three Bundesliga matches.
- The Lilies won 2-1 on their last visit to Berlin on 7th May 2016 to secure their Bundesliga safety. That was their last victory away from home.
- Vedad Ibisevic had a hand in three of Hertha’s five goals against Darmstadt last season (2 goals and an assist).
- Hertha’s biggest win under coach Pal Dardai was a 4-0 victory a year ago in Darmstadt.
- Hertha and Darmstadt have had the fewest attempts on goal this Bundesliga campaign, with 149 and 146 shots respectively. However, the Old Lady have twice as many goals (22) as the Lilies (11).