- Eintracht on longest winless run this season.
- Mainz aiming to improve record in Frankfurt.
- Head-to-head record is perfectly even in league.
With 26 points on the board, Frankfurt are enjoying their best campaign in 23 years since Jay-Jay Okocha was in the side, but The Eagles are currently on their worst run of the season and are without a victory in three. Niko Kovac’s charges suffered a disappointing 1-0 defeat at VfL Wolfsburg last time out and will want to bounce back with a win in the derby and cement their position in the European places over the winter break.
Martin Schmidt’s men returned to winning ways at the weekend thanks to Danny Latza’s superb hat-trick in the 3-1 win over Hamburger SV. The 05ers have previously struggled away at their neighbours with just one victory in 13 competitive visits, although that one win did come on a Tuesday. A good omen, then, for the away side as they look to keep pace with the other teams vying for European qualification going into the winter break.
- Both sides have six wins each (12 draws) from the 24 previous league meetings.
- Frankfurt are without a win in their last three Bundesliga games (two draws, one loss), which is their longest run without a victory this season.
- Mainz are yet to win this season against a team in the top half of the table; Eintracht are yet to lose this season against a team in the top half of the table.
- Frankfurt have conceded three of their last five goals from corners, which are a particular strength of Mainz…
- Eintracht could go an entire first half of a season without a home defeat for the first time in 24 years.
- Niko Kovac has lost none of his four Bundesliga games against Mainz 05 as a player or coach.