Bayer 04 Leverkusen and Borussia Mönchengladbach meet on Matchday 16 with both keen taking a major step towards on qualifying for the UEFA Champions League next season (kick-off 18:30CET/17:30GMT).
- Leverkusen went 26 games in a row against Gladbach without losing between 1994 and 2010 (the longest such run in the history of the Bundesliga).
- Only against Stuttgart have Leverkusen scored more goals (126) than against Gladbach (121).
- Die Werkself have only failed to score twice in their last 32 meetings with the Foals.
- One of those, however, was the sides' last meeting. Gladbach's 3-0 victory ended a run of three straight defeats.
- In the last 14 meetings between this pair, there have been a total of 56 goals scored.
- The highest-scoring game came on 30 October 1998: an 8-2 win for Leverkusen.
Leverkusen: Leno – Donati, Tah, Toprak (c), Hilbert– Kramer, Kampl – Bellarabi, Calhanoglu, Mehmedi - Hernandez
Absentees: Jedvaj, Aranguiz (both fitness), Bender (ankle), Boenisch (suspended)
Gladbach: Sommer – Korb, Christensen, Nordtveit, Wendt – Dahoud, Xhaka (c) - Stindl, Raffael, Johnson – Drmic
Absentees: Dominguez (back), Stranzl (fitness), Herrmann (knee), Traore (thigh), Hahn (broken leg)