- Hoffenheim the only unbeaten team in the Bundesliga this season.
- Wagner scores ninth goal in 2016/17.
- Gnabry takes tally to seven so far.
Any hopes Bremen might have had of inflicting a first defeat of the season on Hoffenheim were quickly dashed once the match kicked off, with the hosts impressing immediately. They were rewarded for their efforts just before the half-hour mark when Kerem Demirbay's in-swinging cross from the right skipped across the six-yard box, allowing Sandro Wagner to nip in front of goalkeeper Jaroslav Drobny and give Hoffenheim a deserved half-time lead.
The hosts refused to ease up after the interval and sought a second goal to kill the game off. Jeremy Toljan had the best chance, running one-on-one with Jaroslav Drobny from a superb through-ball from Demirbay, but the goalkeeper was able to save. It proved to be a costly miss, as Bremen struck back just before the final whistle when Serge Gnabry finished off a well-worked team move.
Man of the match
Despite having only recently returned from injury, Demirbay was once again excellent here. A tireless worker, the midfielder is an awkward opponent to defend against and has a superb eye for a pass.
The result means Hoffenheim have gone the entire Hinrunde without defeat, recording six wins and ten draws. They are the only Bundesliga side yet to lose, and one of only two clubs across Europe's top five leagues to do so (Real Madrid CF are the other).
- Wagner has scored more Bundesliga goals in the 2016 calendar year (19) than any other German player.
- The striker has also put his side 1-0 up four times this season, more than anyone else in the Bundesliga.
- Hoffenheim's Eugen Polanski ran further than any other player on the pitch (12.19 kilometres).
Hoffeheim Baumann - Süle, Vogt, Hübner - Polanski (c) - Kaderabek, Demirbay (Schwegler 66'), Amiri (Atik 82'), Toljan – Uth (Kramaric 67'), Wagner
Coach: Julian Nagelsmann
Bremen: Drobny - Bauer, Sane (Johannsson 76'), Moisander, Garcia - Gnabry, Vejkovic, Bargfrede (Bartels 46'), Junuzovic (c) - Pizarro, Kruse
Coach: Alexander Nouri