- Gbamin out for Mainz; Ramalho likely to replace him.
- Spahic expected to come in for suspended Djourou in HSV defence.
- Wood could also return in place of banned Holtby.
Official Fantasy Bundesliga Managers take note: bundesliga.com is on hand to provide likely line-ups as well as injury and suspension news ahead of Matchday 15.
1. FSV Mainz 05 head coach Martin Schmidt will be without defensive midfielder Jean-Philippe Gbamin, who is suspended after being sent off in his side's 1-0 defeat at Borussia Mönchengladbach on Matchday 14. Danny Latza is likely to deputise alongside Andre Ramalho, while Colombian striker Jhon Cordoba is available again after serving a one-match ban.
Watch: Highlights of Mainz's 1-0 loss at Gladbach on Matchday 14:
Hamburg coach Markus Gisdol will have to make do without two key players this weekend: Johan Djourou and Lewis Holtby are banned for the trip south. Emir Spahic is likely to come in as a like-for-like replacement for Djourou, although Holtby's absence causes Gisdol several headaches. The most likely scenario is that Michael Gregoritsch will drop into attacking midfield, with Bobby Wood occupying the lone-striker berth.
Watch: Highlights of Hamburg's 1-0 win over Augsburg on Matchday 14:
Mainz possible line-up: Lössl - Donati, Bell, Hack, Bussmann – Latza, Gbamin – Öztunali, Malli, Jairo - Cordoba
Absentees: Berggreen (cruciate ligament), Gbamin (suspended), Muto (match fitness), Bungert (ill)
Coach: Martin Schmidt
Hamburg possible line-up: Mathenia - Diekmeier, Spahic, Jung, Douglas - Sakai, Ostrzolek - Müller, Gregoritsch, Kostic – Wood
Absentees: Adler (elbow), Cleber, Halilovic (both knee), Holtby, Djourou (both suspended)
Coach: Markus Gisdol
1. FSV Mainz 05 play host to Hamburger SV at the OPEL ARENA, with the game kicking off at 15:30CET/14:30GMT on 17 December.