- Augsburg winless in last four.
- Gladbach ended a run of eight games without a win last weekend.
- Augsburg with one home win all season; Foals yet to win away.
Dirk Schuster's side learned that all good things have to come to an end sooner or later in the Matchday 14 defeat to Hamburger SV. Die Fuggerstädter were unbeaten in four prior to that, beating FC Ingolstadt 04 and holding European candidates Hertha Berlin, 1. FC Köln and Eintracht Frankfurt to notable draws, but are now just four points above the bottom three with only one home win to their name all season.
Gladbach trailed Augsburg in the standings this time last weekend when a much-needed win over 1. FSV Mainz 05 snapped a run of eight Bundesliga games without a win. Now back on the victory trail, Andre Schubert will be keen to find a remedy for the Foals' miserly away record (D1, L5) and propel the hot and cold Rhineland outfit into the top half of the table.
- Augsburg's last four games have involved just three goals.
- Augsburg have lost just two of their 10 Bundesliga matches against Gladbach, and have never lost to them on home soil.
- Augsburg's Halil Altintop scored his first Bundesliga goal against Gladbach (for Kaiserslautern on 1 May 2004). The Turkey international has struck seven times against the Foals - more than against any other club.
- Gladbach have lost their last four away matches in the Bundesliga, and have been outscored 13 to 1.
- All four of Gladbach's wins so far this season have come at home; the Foals have collected one of their 16 points away.
- The last five meetings between Augsburg and Gladbach have averaged four goals per game.