- Based on the last seven games, Hannover 96 sit , while Schalke are 16th.
- Hannover scored 13 goals in the first 13 outings of the season, adding four in last weekend's defeat of FC Ingolstadt 04 for their biggest win under Michael Frontzeck.
- Schalke have not even won half of their home games in the Bundesliga this season (three from seven).
- The Royal Blues have not conceded a goal in any of their last five home matches on a Friday night.
- The last team to put a goal past Schalke on a Friday night were Hannover, with a crazy 5-4 win in January 2013.
- Hannover have won in Cologne and Hamburg, drawing in Wolfsburg and only narrowly losing out to Borussia Mönchengladbach in their last four away games.
- Since Hannover returned to the Bundesliga in 2002, Schalke have only triumphed over Hertha Berlin (15) more times than they have beaten the Reds (14).
- Schalke have won six of their last seven home games against Hannover, including their last four.
- The most significant Schalke win over Hannover dates back to 1938, when they won 4-3 after extra-time in Berlin's Olympiastadion in front of over 94,000 fans to become German champions for the first time.
Schalke: Fährmann – Riether, Höwedes (c), Matip, Aogo – Sane, Goretzka, Höjbjerg, Meyer – Choupo-Moting, Huntelaar
Absentees: Nastasic (Achilles), Uchida (knee), Höger (knee)
Hannover: Zieler – Sorg, Marcelo, Schulz (c), Albornoz – Sane, Schmiedebach - Karaman, Andreasen, Bech - Sobiech
Absentees: Sakai (illness), Kiyotake (foot), Klaus (knee)