Northern pride is at stake in the Bundesliga this Saturday when local rivals SV Werder Bremen and Hamburger SV meet for the first time this season (kick-off 15:30CET/14:30 GMT).
- Werder have only picked up six points from their last seven matches.
- Bremen have been beaten eight times already this season – the last time they had so many defeats after 13 matches was 41 years ago.
- HSV have already won five games this season – they only won four in the first half of the last two seasons.
- Bremen have lost their last four home matches, a new club record.
- Ten of HSV's 18 points have come away from home.
- Werder and HSV meet for the 103rd time in the Bundesliga, confirming this fixture's status as the most commonly played in the league's history.
- Bremen are unbeaten in their last eight home games against HSV (seven wins, one draw).
- Aaron Hunt spent ten seasons at Werder (scoring 46 goals in 215 matches) and could make his comeback from injury at his former stomping ground.
- Claudio Pizarroand Ivica Olic are the oldest players to have appeared in the Bundesliga this season.
Bremen: Wiedwald – Gebre Selassie, Galvez, Vestergaard, S. Garcia – Bartels, Fritz, Bargfrede, Junuzovic, U. Garcia - Ujah
Hamburg: Adler - Diekmeier, Djourou, Spahic, Ostrzolek - Diaz, Holtby - Müller, Illicevic - Lasogga, Schipplock