- Second-placed Bayern host 15th-in-the-table Wolfsburg.
- Lewandowski scored all five goals in last season's meeting.
- Gomez returns to the Allianz Arena in Wolfsburg colours.
The Poland international made an unforgettable star turn in last season's corresponding fixture, stepping off the bench to score five goals in the space of nine barnstorming minutes as Bayern hit back from a goal down to win 5-1. 'Lewangoalski' went on to finish the campaign as Bundesliga top scorer for the second time in his career, and has scarcely stopped scoring since - his brace against 1. FSV Mainz 05 on Matchday 13 taking his Bundesliga tally to nine for the season.
Wolfsburg have their very own tried and tested Bundesliga goal-getter in the form of former VfB Stuttgart and Bayern striker Mario Gomez. The Germany international returned to the Bundesliga following a three-year absence in the summer, but has found the net only three times in 12 Bundesliga appearances since, in what has proved a trying campaign for all concerned at the lowly Wolves.
- Bayern are unbeaten in their last 51 matches (W45, D6) with Uli Hoeneß as club president.
- On average, Arjen Robben has been directly involved in a Bayern goal every 70 minutes in 2016/17 - a team high.
- Bayern's Thomas Müller is without a goal in 12 Bundesliga matches. His longest barren spell was 13 games.
- Never before have Wolfsburg registered so few wins (two) after 13 matches.
- The Wolves have used 25 different players so far this season.
- Wolfsburg's Mario Gomez averaged a goal every 103 minutes whilst at Bayern - an even better strike rate than the legendary Gerd Müller (105).