Two powerhouses from northern Germany meet at the Volkswagen Arena on Saturday (kick-off 15:30CET/14:30GMT) looking to hit the ground running after the international break.
- Since Dieter Hecking took charge of Wolfsburg, they have beaten Werder Bremen in each of their five meetings, scoring 16 goals in the process (at least two per game).
- Wolfsburg have scored more goals against Bremen (63) than against any other side in the Bundesliga.
- Bremen are, however, the only Bundesliga side to have put seven goals past Wolfsburg, recording a 7-2 win at the Volkswagen Arena in September 1999.
- Werder have failed to beat Wolfsburg in their last seven meetings (one draw, six defeats). Their last win was on 10 December 2011, a 4-1 in which Claudio Pizarro scored.
- Die Grün-Weißen have kept a clean sheet against the Wolves only once in the past 16 meetings – a 0-0 draw on 4 December 2010.
- Bremen have missed four of their five penalties against Wolfsburg.
Wolfsburg: Benaglio – Träsch, Naldo, Klose, Rodriguez – Arnold, Gustavo – Vieirinha, Kruse, Caligiuri – Dost
Bremen: Wiedwald – Gebre Selassie, Galvez, Vestergaard, S. Garcia – Bartels, Fritz, Bargfrede, Junuzovic, U. Garcia - Ujah