- Bremen halted losing streak with Nordderby draw on Matchday 12.
- Ingolstadt also held last time out by Wolfsburg.
- Die Schanzer unbeaten under new coach Maik Walpurgis.
Die Grün-Weißen are 16th in the table following their 2-2 draw with fellow strugglers Hamburger SV in the Nordderby, which at least brought their run of four straight defeats to an end and kept their northern rivals at the foot of the table. Three points would move Alexander Nouri’s side up the table and help put some pressure onto the other sides around them.
Ingolstadt remain in trouble after they were held by VfL Wolfsburg on Matchday 11, but they are unbeaten in two outings since Maik Walpurgis took over as head coach. In his first match in charge, Die Schanzer came away from Freiburg with a much-needed win and the same outcome on the road on Matchday 13 would see them leapfrog Bremen and possibly move out of the relegation places depending on how SV Darmstadt 98 fare.
- Werder have picked up just one point from a possible 15 in their last five games.
- Bremen have the league’s leakiest back line having conceded 31 times.
- Never before have they conceded as many goals 12 games into a season.
- Ingolstadt have picked up four points from their two games under Maik Walpurgis, double the amount they managed in 10 games under Markus Kauczinski.
- Die Schanzer did the league double over Bremen last season without conceding.
- Claudio Pizarro has scored against 16 of the current 18 Bundesliga clubs with Ingolstadt and Leipzig outstanding.