FC Bayern München can extend their unbeaten start to the season to 13 matches with a positive result at FC Schalke 04's VELTINS Arena on Saturday evening (kick-off 18:30CET/17:30GMT).
- Schalke are without a win in their last six competitive outings.
- Bayern boast the best return after 12 matches of all time (11 wins, one draw) and are on course to break the 100-goal mark.
- The Bayern players are set to walk out in front of a sell-out Bundesliga crowd for the 300th time in succession.
- The champions currently average four goals a game at home, but just 1.8 on their travels (nine goals in five outings).
- Robert Lewandowski scored the first of his 105 Bundesliga goals against Schalke. No other player has found the net as often since. The Pole's next strike will take him into the top three on the Bundesliga's all-time leading foreign goalscorers' chart.
- To date, Thomas Müller has ended up on the winning side in 150 of his 209 Bundesliga outings. No other player has recorded as many top-flight victories in such a short space of time.
- Schalke's Max Meyer is in line to make his 75th Bundesliga appearance. Only Julian Draxler reached the milestone at a younger age.
- Royal Blues' head coach Andre Breitenreiter made his top-flight debut against Bayern on 17 September 1994, firing Hamburger SV ahead in an eventual 1-1 draw.
Schalke: Fährmann - Junior Caicara, Neustädter, Ayhan, Aogo - Goretzka, Ayhan - Sane, Meyer, Choupo-Moting - Huntelaar
Bayern: Neuer - Lahm, Javi Martinez, Boateng, Alaba - Robben, Xabi Alonso, Vidal, Douglas Costa - Müller, Lewandowski