- Ingolstadt edged Darmstadt in Walpurgis' first game in charge.
- Die Schanzer are 17th with just five points.
- 14th-placed Wolfsburg have only won once in their last 10 Bundesliga outings.
Die Schanzer held firm in Walpurgis' debut as boss, and after SV Darmstadt 98 hit the bar and missed several chances, Moritz Hartmann struck with a brilliant volley to hand them a 1-0 victory. That first win of the season still left Ingolstadt one place off the foot of the Bundesliga, but a vastly improved performance will have given them hope of moving out of the relegation zone soon.
The Wolves have also brought in a new coach recently, but they could not give Valerien Ismael a home debut to remember against FC Schalke 04. A goal inside the last 10 minutes condemned Wolfsburg to a sixth defeat of the campaign, but Ismael will hope that his side can defy expectations on the road like they did in the 3-0 win at SC Freiburg on Matchday 10, and get their floundering campaign back on track.
- With nine points from 11 matches, Wolfsburg are off to the worst start in their Bundesliga history.
- Ingolstadt collected more points in one game under new coach Maik Walpurgis than they had in 10 matches with Markus Kauczinski.
- Wolfsburg have picked up seven of their nine points away from home; Ingolstadt four of five. Neither team has won a home game all season.
- Ingolstadt have scored half of their eight goals this season from dead-ball situations; four of Wolfsburg's nine goals have come the same way.
- When Mario Gomez made his Bundesliga debut in May 2004, Ingolstadt had just been established as a club - and had yet to play a match.