- Köln one of five teams locked on 21 points.
- Augsburg unbeaten in five Bundesliga meetings with the Billy Goats.
- Dirk Schuster's side have won just once in six league outings.
Boosted by a dramatic late victory in last weekend's Rheinderby, 1. FC Köln are targeting third place as they look to break their Bundesliga hoodoo against FC Augsburg on Saturday (kick-off 15:30CET/14:30GMT)
After Marcel Risse's sensational free-kick handed them an injury-time win over rivals Borussia Mönchengladbach, Köln will be looking to seal back-to-back Bundesliga successes for the first time since Matchday 4 as they entertain Augsburg. The only problem? They haven't beaten the Bavarians in five Bundesliga outings, since a 3-0 home win in October 2011. Coach Peter Stöger will be hoping that with the help of Anthony Modeste – European football's joint-top goalscorer – the Billy Goats can finally get the better of Die Fuggerstädter and possibly go as high as third.
Augsburg come into the weekend in 12th place, and so far they have only managed to beat teams below them in the table – SV Darmstadt 98 (15th), SV Werder Bremen (16th) and FC Ingolstadt 04 (17th). Three points against Köln would give Dirk Schuster's side a little bit of breathing room, and they should be feeling reasonably confident after holding in-form Hertha Berlin last time out. Perhaps Schuster's biggest concern is goals – Augsburg have only netted 10 times in 11 outings.
- Köln have racked up 21 points after 11 matches. It's their best start to a season since 1989/90, when they finished runners-up in the Bundesliga.
- With 12 points so far, Augsburg have twice as many points as they did at the same stage last season.
- Going back to last season, the Billy Goats are unbeaten in their last seven home matches.
- Two of Augsburg's three wins this season have come away from home.
- Just two of Augsburg's 10 goals this season have been scored by strikers. Only four of Köln's 18 goals, on the other hand, haven't been scored by forwards.
- Augsburg coach Dirk Schuster was part of the first Köln side to be relegated in 1997/98.