- Bremen slipping down the table.
- Eagles flying high on unbeaten run.
- Visitors have a score to settle after painful defeat last season.
Bremen's run of three games without a win has seen them slip into 16th place in the wake of their 3-1 loss to FC Schalke 04 on Matchday 10. Worryingly, Die Grün-Weißen have failed to keep a clean sheet at all this campaign, although one nugget of hope is that their last one was against Frankfurt on the final day of last season.
The visitors, for their part, will be eager to continue their impressive start to the campaign following the November international break. They drew their first game after the October hiatus 2-2 with FC Bayern München and are unbeaten since then, including an impressive 1-0 win over 1. FC Köln on Matchday 10. The Eagles now face a Bremen side who beat them 1-0 on Matchday 34 of the 2015/16 campaign to leapfrog them in the table and force them into the relegation play-off.
- Frankfurt already have as many points on the board as they did by Christmas last season.
- The Eagles have a league-high five clean sheets so far. They kept just eight in the whole of 2015/16.
- The final game last season between these two sides was 0-0 until the 88th minute, when Papy Djilobodji made it 1-0 to Werder to ensure their safety.
- Claudio Pizarro has six goals in nine games for Bremen against Eintracht. Only Frankfurt’s Bernd Hölzenbein has scored more in this fixture.
- These sides have met 92 times in the Bundesliga, with Bremen holding the upper hand with 40 wins to Frankfurt's 33.
- The respective home team has won this fixture for the last two seasons.