- Darmstadt with no victory in last two league games.
- Both sides in need of points at the bottom.
- Maik Walpurgis set for debut as Ingolstadt coach.
Darmstadt’s poor away form continued on the last matchday with a 3-2 loss at Bayer 04 Leverkusen, but the Lilies are at home this time out, where they have won all eight of their points so far this season. Norbert Meier’s side are also on a run of three straight defeats in league and cup, and can ill afford a slip-up at home against a side below them in the table.
Ingolstadt, now under the stewardship of new coach Maik Walpurgis, are still yet to win this campaign and in fact are on a run of 15 league games without a victory stretching back to last season. Their 2-0 loss at home to fellow Bavarians FC Augsburg on Matchday 10 saw coach Markus Kauczinski’s short reign come to an end, and it will be no easy task for the new man in the hot seat, with Die Schanzer languishing in 17th place, already five points off the relegation play-off place.
- Darmstadt have not suffered more than two consecutive Bundesliga defeats since their promotion to the Bundesliga in 2015.
- Before Ingolstadt and Hamburger SV, only three teams in Bundesliga history have had two points or less after Matchday 10. All three have been relegated.
- Markus Kauczinski equalled an unwanted record for the most Bundesliga games in charge without a win (10). He shares that title with Hannover 96’s Helmut Kalthoff from 1985/86.
- Die Schanzer are without a win in 19 Bundesliga away games.
- Only one goal was scored by a Darmstadt substitute in the whole of last season under Dirk Schuster. They already have five from subs this term.
- These clubs have met six times in the various divisions of German football. Both sides won their home games last season in the top flight, with the previous four all ending in a draw in Bundesliga 2 and former third tier.