- Gladbach struggling for Bundesliga form.
- Opponents Köln have point to prove in Rhine Derby.
- Modeste keen to rediscover scoring touch.
In desperate need of a Bundesliga win, Borussia Mönchengladbach will be hoping to extend a fine home record against their Rhine Derby opponents 1. FC Köln, who have lost on their last four visits to BORUSSIA-PARK, the venue for the teams’ latest meeting on Saturday 19 November (kick-off 15:30CET/14:30GMT).
Currently sitting 11th in the table, Gladbach have been unusually inconsistent of late. Winless and goalless in their last five top-flight matches, the Foals fell victim to a capital punishment last time out, losing to a Salomon Kalou-inspired Hertha Berlin 3-0 at the Olympiastadion.
Despite their opponents' woes, Köln will be wary of their own poor record in the Rhine Derby, with the Billy Goats having triumphed just once in 11 previous meetings with Gladbach. Unbeaten in their opening seven Bundesliga matches, the sixth-placed visitors have lost two of their last three league games, going down 1-0 away to Eintracht Frankfurt on Matchday 10.
- Gladbach have failed to win any of their last five games, taking only two points from 15 available.
- Köln took 11 points from their first five matches but have managed just seven points in their last five games.
- The hosts are unbeaten in 12 Bundesliga home games, winning ten and drawing their last two.
- Köln's only win in their last 11 Rhine Derbies came at home last season.
- Schubert's team have won ten of their last 12 home matches against Köln, including the last four.
- Köln striker Anthony Modeste is hoping to avoid going back-to-back games without scoring for the first time this season.