Both Hamburger SV and Hannover 96 have struggled with inconsistency so far in 2015/16, so will be keen to give their respective campaigns a much-needed boost when they meet in the final Matchday 11 encounter on Sunday evening (kick-off 17:30CET/16:30GMT).
- Hamburg have already picked up as many wins (four) and scored as many goals (nine) as they did in the entire first half of last season.
- The last time Hannover lost six of their opening ten league games was 44 years ago. In the 1971/72 campaign they even had even suffered seven defeats at this stage of the season.
- HSV have kept clean sheets in five of their ten Bundesliga outings so far, including their two most recent games. Only league leaders FC Bayern München have a better record in that regard.
- Sunday’s hosts have only scored two goals in their last six games, but have nevertheless earned eight points in that period.
- Artur Sobiech, who is currently Hannover’s leading scorer on two goals, found the net in both games against Hamburg last season.
Hamburg: Adler - Diekmeier, Djourou, Cleber, Ostrzolek - Diaz, Holtby - Müller, Gregoritsch, Ilicevic - Lasogga
Hannover: Zieler - Sakai, Marcelo, Schulz, Albornoz - Schmiedebach, Sane - Andreasen, Kiyotake, Klaus - Sobiech