Sinsheim - TSG 1899 Hoffenheim are hoping to finally kickstart their season when they host an off-colour Hamburger SV side in the Matchday 10 opener on Friday night (kick-off 20:30 CEST/18:30 GMT).
- This will be Markus Gisdol's 85th game on the touchline for Hoffenheim - equalling Ralf Rangnick's record as the club's longest-serving coach.
- Hoffenheim are unbeaten in four matches against Hamburg (three wins, one draw). Against no other side do they have such a positive run at present.
- This is currently Hoffenheim's worst-ever start to a Bundesliga season, with just six points and one victory to show for their efforts after nine matchdays.
- Hamburg haven't won, or even scored for that matter, in their last three league outings.
- Hoffenheim have taken the lead in three of their four home games so far this season, but are yet to earn a victory (two draws, two defeats).
- The last goal HSV scored from open play was back on Matchday 4 against Borussia Mönchengladbach.
Hoffenheim: Baumann - Kaderabek, Süle, Bicakcic, Toljan - Schwegler, Polanski - Rudy, Schmid - Volland, Vargas
Hamburg: Adler - Diekmeier, Djourou, Cleber, Ostrzolek - Diaz, Ekdal - N. Müller, Ilicevic - Schipplock, Lasogga