- Both sides unbeaten in the league so far.
- Lewandowski back in the goals after two on Matchday 9.
- Hoffenheim have never beaten Bayern in 16 meetings.
FC Bayern München’s clash with TSG 1899 Hoffenheim sees the league leaders and defending champions go head-to-head with one of the Bundesliga's two other unbeaten sides when they meet at the Allianz Arena on Saturday (kick-off 15:30CET/14:30GMT).
Bayern were in fine form in their 3-1 win over FC Augsburg on Matchday 9, a win that saw Robert Lewandowski end his five-game stretch without a goal in the league in emphatic style with a brace that helped him to our BLMVP award. In-between his two strikes, the Polish striker also laid on the assist for Arjen Robben, and the signs are that Carlo Ancelotti’s side have found their groove.
Niklas Süle's headed goal was enough to give Hoffenheim victory over Hertha Berlin on Matchday 9, stretching their winning streak to five in a row and pushing them up into third. With rivals faltering or distracted by midweek European games, Hoffenheim’s form is giving them a great chance of pushing for a place in Europe next season. Their trip to the Allianz Arena will be a huge test of their resilience, and a first win over Bayern would be a big statement to the rest of the Bundesliga.
- Bayern are yet to taste defeat against Hoffenheim in the Bundesliga after 16 meetings.
- But have needed a stoppage-time goal to record victory on three occasions.
- Bayern have scored at least twice in every home game against Hoffenheim.
- Every Bundesliga clash between these two sides has been a sell-out.
- Hoffenheim have just equalled a club record five straight wins in the Bundesliga.
- Julian Nagelsmann’s side are still unbeaten this season.