Mainz - After another defeat on Matchday 9, the mood at SV Werder Bremen remains glum. Viktor Skripnik's side have lost their last five games and are desperate for a positive result when they face 1. FSV Mainz 05 on Saturday (15:30 CEST/13:30 GMT).
Bremen will take heart from their strong record in this fixture. They have beaten Mainz in nine of the 18 games they have played against them, losing only five.
- Viktor Skripnik made his debut as Bremen coach on Matchday 10 of last season. Bremen won the game 2-1, taking their first three points of 2014/15.
- Mainz haven't drawn in 16 games. The last time they did so was against Bremen - a 0-0 on Matchday 27 of last season.
- Bremen have only lost one of their last eight away games in Mainz.
- Mainz have already lost five games, as many as they had won in total by Christmas last year.
- For the first time in five years, Bremen are now on a goalless run of three games.
- Mainz keeper Lorius Karius has not conceded any of the last four penalties he has faced.
- If Bremen were to lose a sixth consecutive game, it would set a new record for the club.
- Bremen's Anthony Ujah and Mainz's Leon Balogun are both facing former employers.
Mainz:Karius - Brosinski, Bungert, Bell, Bengtsson - Baumgartlinger, Latza - Jairo, Malli, De Blasis - Muto
Bremen:Wiedwald - Gebre Selassie, Lukimya, Bargfrede, Galvez, Garcia - Bartels, Fritz, Junuzovic, Lorenzen - Ujah