Having got the better of Borussia Dortmund in the Supercup, Bayern Munich lock horns with their big Bundesliga rivals in the league on Matchday 11, in a fixture which has been moved to Saturday evening, with a 18:30CET/17:30GMT kick-off.
That fixture and all the remaining games from Matchday 7 to 14 have now been scheduled by the DFL Deutsche Fußball Liga, and here are some of the highlights.
Matchday 7: Hamburg vs Werder Bremen (Saturday, 30 September, 18:30CEST/16:30GMT)
This Northern Derby is the most frequently seen fixture in the Bundesliga, and it's first showing of the 2017/18 season will take place at the Volksparkstadion on Matchday 7 for the 107th time.
Watch: Bremen beat Hamburg in the last Nordderby
Matchday 7: Freiburg vs Hoffenheim (Sunday 1 October, 13:30CEST/11:30GMT)
- Hamburg have scored two more goals than Bremen (158-156) over the history of this fixture.Bremen have won the Nordderby four times more than their rivals: W38 D34 L34Despite being a local derby, there have been just 11 red cards in this fixture – seven for Bremen, four for Hamburg.
Another derby, although without the tradition of the Nordderby, Freiburg will host local rivals Hoffenheim at a peculiar kick-off time. Indeed, no game in Bundesliga history has ever kicked off before 14:00 CEST.
Watch: Freiburg and Hoffenheim share spoils in last meeting
Matchday 8: Borussia Dortmund vs RB Leipzig (Saturday, 14 October 18:30CEST/16:30GMT)
- 32 goals have come from the past eight meetings of these two Baden-Württemberg rivals, at an average of four per game.In those eight games, both teams have found the back of the net at least once.The only Hoffenheim win in Freiburg was on their first visit to the Schwarzwald-Stadion, since when they have drawn four and lost two.The head-to-head in the Bundesliga is even, with each side winning three and eight draws, with Freiburg one ahead on terms of goals scored (22-21).
Last year, Dortmund and Leipzig were Bayern Munich's nearest challengers in the race for the title and they have similar ambitions this season, with Dortmund currently leading Bayern by a neck after two games of the season.
Watch: Leipzig register first Bundesliga win by beating Dortmund
Matchday 10: Bayern Munich vs RB Leipzig (Saturday, 28 October 18:30CEST/16:30GMT)
- Leipzig's first ever Bundesliga home game came against Dortmund last season, and they won 1-0, making it also their first ever Bundesliga win.The first Bundesliga clash between the two sides was also their first ever meeting in a competitive fixture.Dortmund won the reverse fixture 1-0 at the Signal Iduna Park.
The champions against the runners up – there is not more that needs to be said about this fixture. Last season's meetings were two of the highlights of the campaign, with Bayern flexing their muscles with a 3-0 home victory and Leipzig very nearly gaining revenge, were it not for an amazing comeback in Leipzig: Bayern turned a 4-2 deficit into a 5-4 victory. What will happen his time?
Watch: One of the most dramatic Bundesliga fixtures in recent years
Matchday 11: Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich (Saturday 4 November, 18:30CET/17:30GMT)
- These two sides met for the very first time in a competitive fixture last December, with Bayern winning 3-0.In the reverse fixture, Leipzig led 4-2 after 65 minutes, but Bayern turned the tables to win 5-4 on Matchday 33.That game in Leipzig had more goals in it than any other game in the Bundesliga last season.
Borussia Dortmund against Bayern Munich is better known as Der Klassiker. Given the form of the opening two Matchdays, it's going to be yet another top-of-the-table classic on Matchday 11. On Saturday, 4 November, all of the world will be watching events at the Signal Iduna Park.
Watch: Highlights of Bayern's Supercup victory
Matchday 13: Borussia Dortmund vs Schalke (Saturday, 25 November 15:30CET/14:30GMT)
- Bayern have met 24 times in competitive fixtures since April 2012, with Bayern winning ten, six draws and seven Dortmund wins.Bayern celebrated their biggest ever Bundesliga win against Dortmund: 11-1 on 27 November, 1971.Last season, both teams took home advantage to win: Dortmund 1-0, Bayern 4-1.
The Revierderby is one of the standout fixtures on the Bundesliga calendar, with hardly any other game providing as many stories of heroes and legends. What is going to make this 25 November meeting unforgettable?
Watch: Last season's Revierderby in Dortmund
- Dortmund edge the head-to-head with 32 wins and 30 defeats, although they have lost far more (13) than they have won (eight) since the turn of the century, since when there have been 14 draws.Schalke have failed to beat Dortmund in the past five meetings – the last time they went six games without a win was between 1993 and 1997, when the run extended to seven.The record of the last nine Bundesliga meetings is even, with three wins each and three draws.Coaches Peter Bosz and Domenico Tedesco will both experience the Revierderby for the first time.