Karim Bellarabi (hip flexor) is back in training but if he is not deemed fit enough to start then winter signing Leon Bailey could play on the wing for Leverkusen. Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez, meanwhile, has yet to recover from injury.
Top scorer Robert Lewandowski is suspended after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season in the 4-1 win over his former team Borussia Dortmund. Mats Hummels remains sidelined, while Jerome Boateng has also been ruled out with an adductor problem.
Leverkusen: Leno - Hilbert, Jedvaj, Toprak, Wendell - Brandt, Baumgartlinger, Aranguiz, Kampl - Havertz, Volland
Coach: Tayfun Korkut
Absentees: Bender (ankle)
Bayern: Neuer - Rafinha, Martinez, Alaba, Bernat - Kimmich, Vidal, Thiago - Douglas Costa, Müller, Coman
Coach: Carlo Ancelotti
Absentees: Lewandowski (suspended), Hummels (ankle), Boateng (adductor)
Watch: Highlights of Bayern's 4-1 win over Dortmund in last Saturday's Klassiker
- Leverkusen have lost all five games this season against the current top three.
- All six goals conceded by Leverkusen under Tayfun Korkut have come after the 62nd minute, including five after the 79th.
- Die Werkself have secured points in over half of their 15 Bundesliga matches against Bayern since summer 2009 (W3, D5). Only Dortmund and Gladbach have a better record against FCB.
- Bayern are the first team in Europe to have qualified directly for next season’s Champions League group stage.
- The game in Leverkusen will be Bayern’s 350th sold-out Bundesliga match in succession.
- FCB have the oldest squad in the league, Leverkusen the second-youngest.