Goals: 1-0 Gregoritsch (33'), 1-1 Füllkrug (77'), 1-2 Füllkrug (89')
Boasting their best-ever start to a Bundesliga campaign, Augsburg had nonetheless failed to win any of their previous three games. The hosts quickly sought to remedy that situation, with Caiuby and then the club’s top goalscorer Alfred Finnbogason both going close in a largely one-sided opening. Hannover morale had dipped slightly following successive defeats prior to this encounter, and things worsened for the visitors’ after Gregoritsch’s shot struck Julian Korb before flying in for the game’s first goal.
Manuel Baum’s team continued where they left off at the start of the second half, Jonathan Schmid going close before Caiuby saw an effort saved by the alert Philipp Tschauner in the Hannover goal. Yet Die Roten - or the Reds - didn't go unbeaten in their opening six Bundesliga matches of this campaign for nothing, and Andre Breitenreiter’s men dug into that sort of resolve to pull level late on. After Jonathas failed to connect with Korb’s cross from the right, Füllkrug was on hand to fire home. The 24-year-old's last Bundesliga goal before this match was scored five years ago, but he struck again late on with his second in 12 minutes to complete a dramatic turnaround.
- Füllkrug's last Bundesliga goal came for Werder Bremen on 20 October 2012 against Borussia Mönchengladbach.
- He now has four Bundesliga goals, three coming against Augsburg.
- Prior to this game, Augsburg had a club-record 12 points on the board after eight matches.
- Die Fuggerstädter had also lost only one of their last seven home matches - against Borussia Dortmund, until Hannover visited.
- Hannover put an end to a two-game losing sequence.
- The Reds have only lost one of their last 11 away games, dating back to last season.
Augsburg: Hitz - Opare, Gouweleeuw, Danso, Max – Baier (c), Khedira (Moravek 88') - Schmid (Heller 72'), Gregoritsch, Caiuby - Finnbogason (Ja-Cheol Koo 72')
Coach: Manuel Baum
Hannover: Tschauner (c) - Korb, Anton, Sane, Ostrzolek - Schwegler (Maier 74'), Fossum (Füllkrug 64') - Bebou, Karaman (Bakalorz 46') - Jonathas, Harnik
Coach: Andre Breitenreiter