- Bundesliga season 2017/18 kicks off on 18 August.
- Five Monday matches to be confirmed.
- Season to finish on 12 May.
The DFL Deutsche Fussball Liga has revealed key dates for the 2017/18 Bundesliga season.
The new season will officially be opened with the Supercup showpiece on Saturday 5 August with a meeting of the champions and DFB Cup winners.
The Bundesliga then kicks off on the weekend of 18-20 August 2017 with the reigning champions traditionally getting the campaign underway with a home fixture on the Friday night. The clubs will head into the winter break following Matchday 17 on the weekend 15-18 December before resuming action on 12 January.
At the end of what promises to be another thrilling footballing year, the season will reach its climax on 12 May with Matchday 34.
Here are all the most important dates for your diary:
- Supercup: 5 August 2017
- DFB Cup round 1: 11-14 August 2017
- Matchday 1 in the Bundesliga: 18-20 August 2017
- Matchday 17 in the Bundesliga: 15-18 December 2017
- Matchday 18 in the Bundesliga: 12-15 January 2018
- Matchday 34 in the Bundesliga: 12 May 2018
- Bundesliga relegation/promotion pay-off: 17-22 May 2018
- DFB Cup final: Saturday 19 May 2018
NOTE: The 2017/18 season will see five Monday night games in the Bundesliga. The exact fixtures will be confirmed at a later date taking clubs' committments in UEFA competitions into consideration.