Cologne - EA Sports and FIFA 15 present a virtual showdown of Friday evening’s Rückrunde opener (kick-off 19:30 GMT / 20:30 CET) between champions FC Bayern München and second-placed VfL Wolfsburg. Simply click on the video above to find out who comes out on top.
To get you further in the mood for what promises to be a rip-roaring encounter to kick-start the second half of the season, we’ve also selected a few statistical tidbits surrounding the match at the Volkswagen Arena for your delectation:
- Wolfsburg's last defeat at home came against FC Bayern (6-1 on 8 March 2014). It was also their heaviest ever home defeat in the Bundesliga.
- Since that defeat, the Wolves have gone 14 games without losing at the Volkswagen-Arena (ten wins, four draws).
- Wolfsburg have already won against the league leaders once this season, beating Bayer 04 Leverkusen 4-1 on Matchday 4.
- On 13 September 2003, Schweinsteiger scored his first ever Bundesliga goal against Wolfsburg. He has also scored more goals against Wolfsburg (six) than against any other club.
- FC Bayern München enjoyed their second-best Bundesliga Hinrunde ever, accumulating 45 points (in 2013/14 they had 47) and opening up the biggest ever gap between first and second at the midway stage of the season (11 points).
- Wolfsburg are second to Bayern in the current season's standings but also in the 2014 calendar year, having won 64 points compared to the Bavarians' impressive 91.