Munich - The final weekend of the 2013/14 campaign produced yet another festival of nail-biting football, with plenty of issues decided at both ends of the table.
Click here to refresh this page
bundesliga.com brought to you all the latest news and reaction from Germany two top divisions...
The main events of Matchday 34:
- Bundesliga champions FC Bayern München celebrated lifting the Bundesliga shield for a record 23rd time with a last-gasp 1-0 home win against VfB Stuttgart, who announced that Armin Veh will replace Huub Stevens as head coach in the summer.
- Robert Lewandowski finished top of the scoring chart after helping Borussia Dortmund to a 4-0 victory away to Hertha Berlin in his last Bundesliga game for BVB.
- 1. FC Nürnberg were condemned to their eighth relegation to Bundesliga 2 after falling to a comprehensive 4-1 defeat at FC Schalke 04.
- Bayer 04 Leverkusen booked their place in the UEFA Champions League play-offs thanks to a 2-1 win against SV Werder Bremen on Matchday 34.
- VfL Wolfsburg missed out on UEFA Champions League qualification despite a 3-1 victory over Borussia Mönchengladbach, who will join the Wolves in the UEFA Europa League next season.
- Hamburger SV reached the relegation play-offs despite a 3-2 defeat against 1. FSV Mainz 05, who will enter the Europa League at the qualifying stage.
- 1899 Hoffenheim ended Eintracht Braunschweig’s slim hopes of reaching the relegation play-offs after a 3-1 home win.
- FC Augsburg missed out on a place in the Europa League, in spite of a 2-1 victory over Eintracht Frankfurt.
- Hannover 96 celebrated a topsy-turvy 3-2 win over SC Freiburg at the HDI-Arena.
- SC Paderborn 07 sealed Bundesliga promotion following a 2-1 victory over VfR Aalen on Sunday, while third-placed Greuther Fürth will be going head-to-head with Hamburger SV in the play-offs.
- DSC Arminia Bielefeld recorded a 3-2 victory away to SG Dynamo Dresden in Bundesliga 2, leapfrogging their hosts in the standings to secure the relegation play-off place while simultaneously condemning Dresden to the third tier.
Monday 12 May
Danke und bis bald!
That puts an end to our live coverage from Matchday 34. Don’t forget this season is anything but over though, with Hamburger SV hoping to avoid the drop when they face Bundesliga 2 side Greuther Fürth in the play-offs this Thursday and Sunday, while Arminia Bielefeld aim to get the better of third-tier SV Darmstadt 98 on Friday and Monday.
And, not to forget, there’s yet another domestic highlight on the agenda this Saturday when the league’s two top sides FC Bayern München and Borussia Dortmund will be going head-to-head at Berlin’s Olympiastadion to determine this year’s DFB Cup winner.
BREAKING NEWS: Bayer 04 Leverkusen have signed Swiss striker Josip Drmic from 1. FC Nürnberg on a five-year deal.
Hannover 96 were quick to congratulate Hiroki Sakai on being one of
to have been selected for Japan's World Cup squad:
Sunday 11 May
Their heroes have finally arrived, and now there's no stopping
, meanwhile, are heading to India tonight where the club will close out the current Bundesliga campaign with a one-week trip, both
and taking part in various social projects:
Some 20.000 fans are eagerly anticipating the Paderborn squad's arrival by the city's townhall to celebrate Bundesliga promotion with their adored ones:
Seems like the
stars were having good fun last night as the Royal Blues celebrated after sealing their place in next season's Champions League:
"Simply amazing" said this
tweet after the North Rhine-Westphalia side sealed promotion:
Just down the road from Lewandowski, FC Schalke 04 were celebrating having sealed third spot in the Bundesliga, thanking their "most awesome fans in the world" with this tweet:
After recovering from his butter fingers moment inside the Allianz Arena, Guardiola had firm grasp on the
when he took to Munich's City Hall balcony. He's also clearly grasped the local fashion sense too...
Here's a greeting to FC Bayern fans, many of whom may well be rising with sore heads this morning...
Saturday 10 May
If you thought Saturday was dramatic, just wait for Sunday's Bundesliga 2 action. SC Paderborn could celebrate an historic promotion, but they still have work to do, while SG Dynamo Dresden and DSC Arminia Bielefeld face up for a relegation play-off decider.
What a day at the office for FC Bayern, Borussia Dortmund, FC Schalke 04, Bayer 04 Leverkusen and 1. FSV Mainz 05. It wasn't too shabby for 1899 Hoffenheim, VfL Wolfsburg, FC Augsburg and Hannover 96 either, but for Eintracht Braunschweig and 1. FC Nürnberg in particular, Matchday 34 was yet another regrettable round of fixtures. On this occasion, though, there's no going back. Here's a look at the final standings at the end of the 2013/14 campaign...
Ready for kick-off?
Once again, check out who will be broadcasting the games live in your country, or follow the action on our Twitter account as we keep you up to date with all of the drama as it unfolds.
Furthermore, our live ticker will bring you all the goals as and when they go in so you won't miss any of the action. We will be back after the final whistles are sounded and the verdicts have been delivered with all the reaction. Join us then!
Here's a look at the new Hertha Berlin shirt which will be worn for the first time today against Borussia Dortmund...
Not only are European places and relegation issues going to be decided today, but we will also find out who is the sharpest shooter in the division. It's
with Robert Lewandowski, Mario Mandzukic, Marco Reus, Josip Drmic and Adrian Ramos all realistically in the frame for the
For the final time this season, the Bundesliga clubs are announcing it's
. Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, it is Matchday...
Some good news for Bayer 04 Leverkusen's Andres Guardado, who has been named in the Mexico squad for the FIFA World Cup...
Good morning and welcome to the continuation of our live updates on what is set to be a day of twists, turns and unparalleled emotion up and down the country. There is plenty still at stake and if you want to know how you can follow all the drama as it unfolds, check out who will be broadcasting the games live in your country.
Friday 9 May
That's all for today, but make sure you join us on Saturday for what is certain to be an enthralling finale to the 2013/14 Bundesliga campaign. Bis morgen!
Check out EA Sports' virtual prediction of Matchday 34's relegation showdown by clicking on the video below...
Centurion: Daniel Baier, who has featured in all
's 33 Bundesliga matches this season, will make his 100th top-flight appearance for the Swabians against
Pep Guardiola's men, meanwhile, are getting themselves into gear for their ultimate Bundesliga encounter this season at home to
have also just revealed custodian
's new outfit for the coming campaign:
There's a lot at stake for
when the struggling Franconians travel to
on Saturday. Roger Prinzen's men are currently having their final training session before making their way to Gelsenkirchen:
are getting themselves ready for tomorrow's home game against
, and they're already looking forward to the Olympiastadion encounter, says this tweet:
FC Schalke 04
, too, have gone public with their 2014/15 kit, sticking to their traditional
The Bavarians, meanwhile, presented their brand new home shirt for the coming season today. The attire has been designed in the club's traditional colours of red, blue and white:
Before we get into gear for what promises to be the climax of the 2013/14 campaign,
would like to take one moment and wish one of German football’s greats a very happy birthday.
, who won the treble last year when still in charge of
FC Bayern München
, turns 69 today!