Munich - EA Sports and FIFA 14 present a virtual showdown of Saturday evening’s Klassiker (kick-off 16:30 GMT/18:30 CEST) between champions FC Bayern München and second-placed Borussia Dortmund.
Click on the video above to find out who comes out on top. To get you further in the mood for Matchday 30’s titanic tussle, we’ve also selected a few statistical tidbits surrounding the match at the Allianz Arena:
- FC Bayern München have failed to win a league match since clinching the title on Matchday 27. Pep Guardiola’ side drew 3-3 with 1899 Hoffenheim, before suffering their first defeat of the campaign at FC Augsburg.
- Bayern recorded the highest victory in Klassiker history, beating Dortmund 11-1 at the Stadion an der Grünwalder Straße on 27 November 1971.
- Nearly 40 years later, on 26 February 2011, BVB beat the record titleholders 3-1 at the Allianz Arena. The average age of Dortmund’s starting eleven was just 22.8 years - their youngest ever line-up in the Bundesliga.
- Robert Lewandowski, who will join Bayern this summer, scored a hat-trick against his future employers in the 2012 DFB Cup final. The match ended 5-2 in Dortmund’s favour.
- The Schwarz-Gelben also got the better of their Bavarian rivals in this year’s DFL Supercup, winning 4-2 at Signal Iduna Park in Pep Guardiola’s first competitive match in charge of Bayern.