Their success also robbed them of two key players - Marco Reus (who left for Borussia Dortmund) and centre-back Dante (FC Bayern Munich), meaning this term was always likely to be a struggle. After some initial teething problems, the new recruits have settled in and the Foals are proving a tough nut to crack once more, with a return to European competition still very much on the cards.
- Gladbach defenders have scored more league goals (nine) than their counterparts in any other team this season.
- Stuttgart (120 km) are the only side to cover more ground per game on average than Gladbach (119.3 km).
- The Foals are currently on a seven-game unbeaten streak at home (four wins, three draws).
- No other side has scored as many goals from corners as Gladbach's six.
- Düsseldorf are the only team in the league to have fired off fewer shots (241) than Gladbach (262).
- Lucien Favre's men are the Bundesliga's most generous side in allowing opponents to shoot (399 times).
- They are equally as charitable in letting opponents whip in crosses, with a league-high 444.
- Gladbach may cover lots of ground, but they do so slowly. Their average of 148 sprints per game is the lowest in the top-flight.
's strike to secure a 1-0 victory over Hannover 96 on Matchday 26 was the Dutchman's third goal in the last six games, taking his tally to five for the season.
- Matchday 27: SC Freiburg (A)
- Matchday 28: Greuther Fürth (H)
- Matchday 29: VfB Stuttgart (A)
- Matchday 30: FC Augsburg (H)
- Matchday 31: VfL Wolfsburg (A)
- Matchday 32: FC Schalke 04 (H)
- Matchday 33: 1. FSV Mainz 05 (A)
- Matchday 34: FC Bayern Munich (H)