Two points shy of sixth in the table, the team from the deep South West are also just one game away from a . When league action resumes, however, Freiburg first need to end a four-game winless streak. "Up till now everything's gone incredibly well for us this season. Now we've hit a phase where it's not all functioning so smoothly. I think the international break's come at a handy time for us, we have the opportunity to analyse the situation and work through it," goalkeeper Oliver Baumann reckons.
- No other Bundesliga team have scored more goals from distance than Freiburg's eight.
- Christian Streich's side have contested more man-on-man duels than any other - 5,932.
- Freiburg are the only team to have managed .
- They are one of the hardest-running outfits in the division, averaging a combined 117.9 kilometres per game. Only VfB Stuttgart (120.2) and Borussia Mönchengladbach (119.3) can better that.
- Freiburg have had no luck with the woodwork, hitting the bar or post 15 times in all, twice less than "table-toppers" Bremen (17).
- They have leaked - as many as in the 14 games before.
- SC are the only team to lose five teams after going
1-0 in front.
- Freiburg's 2013 league balance is slightly in the red - two wins, four draws and three defeats.
With seven goals and six assists to his name so far, has certainly made his presence felt since arriving from FC St. Pauli last summer. Just turned 25, the attacking midfielder is now undoubtedly making good on the promise he showed a few years ago as a U-19 regular for Germany.
- Matchday 27: Mönchengladbach (H)
- Matchday 28: Hamburger SV (A)
- Matchday 29: Hannover 96 (H)
- Matchday 30: VfB Stuttgart (A)
- Matchday 31: FC Bayern Munich (A)
- Matchday 32: FC Augsburg (H)
- Matchday 33: SpVgg Greuther Fürth (A)