Fourth in the form table, the Franconians have moved a handsome ten points clear of the bottom three since the winter break and to within four of the European qualification spots thanks, in part, to a ten-match unbeaten run on home soil.
- After just nine games in charge, coach Michael Wiesinger is currently enjoying a run of seven games without defeat.
- Since the winter break, Nuremberg have registered 14 points - a number only bettered in 2013 by Bayern, Borussia Dortmund and FC Augsburg.
- Nuremberg haven't conceded from a corner kick in 52 Bundesliga outings - the longest run since 2007-08 (Bayern, 62).
- Luck has played its part, with the woodwork sparing Nuremberg on a league-high 15 occasions so far this term.
- Only VfB Stuttgart, Augsburg and Greuther Fürth have scored fewer goals than Nuremberg (29).
- Only Fürth (32 per cent) have failed to convert fewer scoring chances than Nuremberg (35,7 per cent).
- Nuremberg have played more misplaced passes than any other side in the Bundesliga (23,9 per cent).
- No team has scored fewer goals in the opening quarter of games than Nuremberg (two).
has made an immediate impact since trading his native Japan for the Bundesliga. His four Bundesliga strikes place him top of the Nuremberg scorers' chart for 2012/13, while his devilish free kicks have produced eight goals for his side.
- Matchday 27: VfL Wolfsburg (A)
- Matchday 28: 1. FSV Mainz 05 (H)
- Matchday 29: FC Bayern Munich (A)
- Matchday 30: Greuther Fürth (H)
- Matchday 31: 1899 Hoffenheim (A)
- Matchday 32: Bayer 04 Leverkusen (H)
- Matchday 33: Fortuna Düsseldorf (A)
- Matchday 34: SV Werder Bremen (H)