Lorenz-Günther Köstner helped stabilise the ship on an interim basis and now Dieter Hecking is the man charged with getting the Wolves closer to the head of the pack again. Thus far, some promising performances have been interspersed with rather less stellar ones as VfL continue to seek the consistency to match their undoubted ambition.
- 15th going into the mid-season break, Wolfsburg are at any rate up to tenth in the 2013 form rankings.
- Wolfsburg have yet to lose after going 1-0 in front this season, winning six times and drawing once (1-1 against Augsburg).
- The Wolves have likewise come back seven times from 1-0 down to salvage a result, most recently at home to Düsseldorf (1-1) - that's more often than any other side.
- Only Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund boast better away records so far this season.
- The aforementioned draw with Düsseldorf left Wolfsburg second-bottom of the home form table, with only cellar-dwellers Greuther Fürth below them. VfL have won just twice in 13 attempts on home turf this season.
- The Wolves have the least prolific midfield in the division, with just nine goals between them to date.
- Hoffenheim (27) are the only team to have conceded more goals before the interval than Wolfsburg (23).
- When it comes to fouls committed, VfL, on 443, are second only to Fürth (469).
Summer signing has often filled in on the left side of midfield this season, but the veteran Croatia international is by nature a forward - as testified by four goals in the last three matches, when he was deployed up front, taking his campaign tally up to six. In a Bundesliga career stretching back to 1999, this is incidentally the first time Olic has hit the net in three consecutive outings.
- Matchday 27: 1. FC Nuremberg (H)
- Matchday 28: Bayer 04 Leverkusen (A)
- Matchday 29: 1899 Hoffenheim (H)
- Matchday 30: SV Werder Bremen (A)
- Matchday 31: Borussia Mönchengladbach (H)
- Matchday 32: Hamburger SV (A)
- Matchday 33: Borussia Dortmund (H)
- Matchday 34: Eintracht Frankfurt (A)