That early form proved hard to maintain and going into the final quarter Fortuna find themselves down in 15th place, albeit still with a five-point cushion on FC Augsburg, directly below them in the relegation play-off berth. "Every point's vital," top scorer has stressed, "because it might be the one to make all the difference in the end."
- No other team have made better use of their clear-cut chances: Düsseldorf have converted 68 per cent of theirs.
- Only FC Bayern have conceded fewer goals from distance (1) than Fortuna (2).
- Strong at home: Düsseldorf have lost only at the Esprit arena (3-2 to Augsburg on Matchday 18).
- Only Bayern (one) and Hamburg (two) have conceded fewer goals on the counter than Düsseldorf (3).
- Without a win in four games, Düsseldorf have dropped to within five points of the bottom three.
- Fortuna have gone 1-0 down eleven times this season and taken only two points from all those games, losing nine of them.
- 241 attempts on goal is the lowest total of any top-flight club.
- Düsseldorf have the lowest average possession in the league (43.1 per cent).
Winter signing has scored in each of his first two starting appearances, at Bayern and Wolfsburg. The young midfielder is only the second Norwegian player to achieve that particular feat in the Bundesliga. Arne Larsen Økland, on the books at Bayer Leverkusen from 1980-83, was the first.
- Matchday 27: Bayer 04 Leverkusen (H)
- Matchday 28: 1899 Hoffenheim (A)
- Matchday 29: Werder Bremen (H)
- Matchday 30: Hamburger SV (A)
- Matchday 31: Borussia Dortmund (H)
- Matchday 32: Eintracht Frankfurt (A)
- Matchday 33: 1. FC Nuremberg (H)
- Matchday 34: Hannover 96 (A)