Dynamo Dresden and TSV 1860 Munich shared the spoils in the final Bundesliga 2 meeting of Matchday 2 on Monday evening, drawing 2-2 at the glücksgas Stadion.

Both sides managed to come from behind in a topsy-turvy encounter, which leaves 1860 sixth in the standings on four points, and Dresden one of five clubs near the bottom on a single point at this early stage in the proceedings.

Chances for Dresden, 1860 strike

The hosts started the livelier of the two sides and carved out a couple of half-chances in the opening stages, Mickael Pote going closest with a near-post effort that was blocked for a corner in the eleventh minute. Almost immediately after that, 1860 went even closer at the other end, home keeper Benjamin Kirsten punching away Dominik Stahl's shot on the full following a cross from Maximilian Nicu.

Five minutes later, he men from Munich created their second chance of the contest and this one they made count. Daniel Bierofka found Nicu out on the left and his first-time ball into the middle was slammed home by skipper Benjamin Lauth to put the Lions in front. They continued to look dangerous on the break in the period that followed, but Dresden woke up again ten minutes or so before half time. First Robert Koch sent a long-range shot fizzing just wide of the post then, in the 38th minute, Pote met a ball in from left back Sebastian Schuppan with a spectacular diving header into the corner of the net -1-1!

Game in turnaround

That was that for the first 45 and after the interval it was once again Dynamo who were making the early running. Kirsten was called into urgent action again on the hour mark though, pulling off a great save to a Guillermo Vallori header from a corner to keep the home side on level terms. And four minutes later, they were in front. Idir Ouali cut the ball back with 1860 keeper Gabor Kiraly bearing down on him and guest defender Grzegorz Wojtkowiak got to it ahead of Pote, but only succeeded in turning it into his own net.

Dynamo were in front for precisely ten minutes before their guests from Munich restored parity to the contest again. Bierofka initiated another rapid-fire counter attack down the left and this time the midfielder got on the end of the return from sub Daniel Halfar himself, planting the ball coolly past Kirsten and into the corner of the net. The keeper prevented his side going behind just a minute later with a point-blank save to an effort from Lauth, before Cheikh Gueye headed just over for Dresden as the action swung briefly from end to end. That was the peak of the excitement though as the final quarter-hour played out with just a couple of half-chances, untaken, for both sides.