- Lewandowski takes the first striking role.
- Claims over 50 per cent of the vote to beat Aubameyang.
- Raffael is third with Modeste fourth.
Robert Lewandowski will provide one half of the spearhead to your Team of the Season after the FC Bayern München man swept into your 2015/16 dream XI.
The FC Bayern man finished top of the Bundesliga goalscoring charts and also emerged at the head of your vote. As with the hunt for the Torjägerkanone, it came down to a duel with Borussia Dortmund’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – the Bayern man amassing 52 per cent of the vote to his rival’s 43. Borussia Mönchengladbach’s Raffael was third (3 per cent) with 1. FC Köln goalgetter Anthony Modeste fourth (2 per cent).
Club: Borussia Dortmund
On a personal level, 2015/16 has been an unprecedented success for Ghanaian. The Borussia Dortmund speed demon was named 2015 African Footballer of the Year on account of some sensational individual displays and now sits top of the pile as the Bundesliga's all-time leading African goalscorer.
- Has had a hand in 30 goals (25 goals, five assists).
- No African has scored more goals in a single Bundesliga season.
Club: 1. FC Köln
Brought in to replace the departed Anthony Ujah - now of SV Werder Bremen - the striker has slotted in seamlessly at 1. FC Köln. The former TSG 1899 Hoffeheim striker's double-digit tally represents a personal best for both for him and for a Frenchman in the Bundesliga in a single season, and has been key to the Billy Goats extending their top-flight stay.
- Has scored 15 times, becoming the first Köln player to reach double digits since Lukas Podolski 18 in the 2011/12 season.
- Has featured in all 34 of Köln's Bundesliga matches this season.
- Has provided three assists.
Club: FC Bayern München
Not many weeks went by without FC Bayern München's the Pole setting a new Bundesliga record in 2015/16. Bayern's No9 was unable to break Gerd Müller's single-season 40-goal haul, but he gave it a good shot, notably chalking up five goals in the space of nine barnstorming minutes against VfL Wolfsburg on Matchday 8. He also became the first man to end a season with at least 30 goals since Dieter Müller in 1976/77.
- Has had a hand in 32 goals (30 goals, two assists).
- Has scored 19 goals with his right foot, five with his left and chipped in with three headers.
- Ended the season with 30 goals to win the top scorer award (Torjägerkanone).
Club: Borussia Mönchengladbach
Raffael set a new personal best for goals in 2015/16, with his return to form helping Borussia Mönchengladbach draw a line under their worst-ever start to a Bundesliga campaign and climb back up the standings to contest the European places. The Brazilian also won approximately half of his attempted challenges. Not bad for a striker!
- Has reached double digits in the goals scored (13) and assists (10) department for the second straight season.
- Has created 145 goalscoring chances for team-mates.
- Has completed 81.3 per cent of his passes.