- Mkhitaryan voted as best right midfielder.
- Becomes the fourth outfield player in the side so far from Dortmund.
- The Armenian garnered over half of all the votes cast.
The 2015/16 Bundesliga Team of the Season is quickly filling up and once again a Borussia Dortmund player has taken the coveted spot, this time with Henrikh Mkhitaryan winning the vote for right midfield.
The 27-year-old earned almost 55 per cent of the combined votes cast on the @Bundesliga_EN and @bundesliga_de Twitter accounts. That figure was than double that of his closest challenger, Kingsley Coman of FC Bayern München, with Bayer 04 Leverkusen's Karim Bellarabi and 1. FSV Mainz 05's Jairo Samperio finishing third and fourth respectively.
Club: Borussia Dortmund
Goals and assists have come naturally to the Armenian, who has enjoyed his most productive campaign to date since joining Borussia Dortmund from FC Shakhtar Donetsk in summer 2013. The six-time Armenian Footballer of the Year is understandably one of the first names on Thomas Tuchel's star-studded team sheet.
- Is one of just two players to have reached double digits in goals scored (11) and assists provided (15).
- Has created 190 goalscoring chances for team-mates.
- Has completed 73.9 per cent of his passes.
Club: Bayer 04 Leverkusen
There is not much Bayer 04 Leverkusen's winger cannot do. The Germany international provides goals, scores them and has pace and trickery in abundance: all of which were on show towards the end of the campaign as Die Werkself stormed back into the top four to secure UEFA Champions League football for next season.
- Has had a hand in 17 goals this season (six goals, 11 assists).
- Has featured in all but one of Leverkusen's Bundesliga matches.
- Has created 131 goalscoring chances for team-mates.
Club: FC Bayern München
The Juventus FC loanee has left quite the impression on the FC Bayern München faithful in his debut season in the Bundesliga. Able to clock up sprint speeds of 35 kilometres per hour and with a knack for tying opposition defenders in knots, the France international has been one of the breakout stars of 2015/16.
- Has had a hand in ten goals (four goals, six assists) in 23 appearances.
- Has completed 84.8 per cent of his passes.
- Has been fouled 46 times.
Club: 1. FSV Mainz 05
The tricky winger has more than doubled his combined tally for goals and assists in 2015/16 compared to last term. One of 1. FSV Mainz 05's most consistent and prolific performers, the 22-year-old Spaniard also ranks as one of the most clinical players on the counter in the Bundesliga.
- Has had a hand in 12 goals this season (seven goals, five assists).
- Boasts 100 per cent accuracy when crossing the ball.