- Piszczek joins Dortmund head coach Thomas Tuchel in TOTS.
- Beat Lahm thanks to superior share of votes on .de.
- Weiser and Verhaegh complete the ballot.
In a neck-and-neck race almost as exciting as the title tussle itself, Borussia Dortmund's Lukasz Piszczek beat FC Bayern München's Philipp Lahm to the right-back berth in the 2015/16 Bundesliga Team of the Season.
The Poland international lost out to his Bayern counterpart in the @Bundesliga_EN poll, but came out on top in the @bundesliga_de ballot to scrape a narrowly superior share of the combined votes (44 per cent to Lahm's 41.5 per cent). Hertha Berlin's Mitchell Weiser was a distant third (eight per cent), with FC Augsburg captain Paul Verhaegh bringing up the rear (6.5 per cent).
Club: FC Bayern München
Bayern's ever-present Mr. Versatile has been a true leader both on and off the field for the Bundesliga winners this season, the 32-year-old team captain proving a reliable figure once again for the record champions.
- Has completed 91 per cent of his passes.
- Has created 55 goalscoring chances for team-mates.
Club: Borussia Dortmund
After winning back his place in the Dortmund first XI, the Poland international rediscovered his best form in the second half of the campaign. One of the league's most threatening full-backs breaking forward.
- Has completed 84.7 per cent of his passes.
- Has created 40 chances for team-mates, providing three assists.
Club: Hertha Berlin
The Germany Under-21 international has proven a success in his first season in the capital. A peripheral figure at Bayern, the technically-gifted Weiser enjoyed his breakthrough campaign at Hertha.
- Has had a hand in six goals (two scored, four assists).
- Has created 40 goalscoring chances for team-mates.
Club: FC Augsburg
Despite an injury-hit season, Augsburg's skipper once again proved to be one of the Bavarians' top performers in 2015/16. You won't find many penalty takers better than the Dutchman.
- Has scored six out of six penalties.
- Is Augsburg's joint second-best goalscorer.