- Hernandez joined Leverkusen from Manchester United last summer.
- Scored 17 goals in his maiden Bundesliga campaign.
- 'Chicharito' is aiming to become Mexico's all-time leading scorer at this summer's Copa America Centenario.
With the Copa America Centenario kicking off this weekend and Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez set to be one of the main attractions, bundesliga.com felt it was high time to recap the numerous high points of the Mexican's maiden Bundesliga campaign at Bayer 04 Leverkusen.
His 17 goals were enough to propel Die Werkself to end the season in third place, enough for a berth in the 2016/17 UEFA Champions League.
Here are some of the stand-out stats from Chicharito's efforts...
- His 17 Bundesliga goals were vital to the Leverkusen cause: no other player in Roger Schmidt's squad managed more than nine.
- Furthermore, Chicharito hit the net an impressive 26 times in 40 competitive games.
- On average he scored once every 128 minutes, with only five players boasting a better record than that in 2015/16.